Monday, July 18, 2005

What are you listening to?


















What's in your headphones these days? I've been listening to three cd's alot these days, depending on my mood....

Coldplay's latest, "X&Y", great cd, something very ethereal about it, and I absolutely love the last track.

KT Tunstall's "Eye to the Telescope". Have had this for a few months now and still love it. Part folk, part edgy alt-rock, part whatever she feels like. Currently pretty much unknown Scottish-Chinese singer-songwriter from the UK, she'll be well known soon I'd bet. Love the Black horse and the cherry tree song even though I still have no clue what it means!

The Jive Aces "Dance all Night". Just got this and it's fantastic! More cool party music than big hall swing, has a nice sophisticated edge to it, but is still fun.

Course when all else fails and I'm not in the mood for anything I throw on Andrea Boccelli's sacred arias and really confuse the neighbors, they must think I have multiple personalities....lol.

5 comments:

Whit said...

Been way into Mozart again lately, but in my iPod is the 5th Miss Julia book - just waiting for me to catch up with the "real books"...

Sharon said...

Well I have odd taste in music. I naturally migrate toward folk-classic rock-alt rock, but for years I worked in classical music and had to learn and listen to it, so I developed favorite areas there too. I think the only thing I don't like is hip hop, but then I surprised myself by finding a brit band called Big Bruva which has rap elements to it, so you never know. At any given time my cd's are scattered between my bedroom, kitchen, car, office and friends. If I ever get the all back in one place at one time I'll be in trouble.

Sharon said...

Oh, if any of you enjoy folk, but with a modern edge, check out Tom Prasada-Rao. You can find his stuff online, I think amazon has some. He was a few years behind me in high school and is big on the folk festival circuit now. It makes me laugh cause I can remember his first band, a good, but scrawny, pimply faced high school group. He's awesome. His "Christmas at the Ashram" is hilarious.

Whit said...

Went to Amazon and listened to the bits of Tom Prasada-Rao that they have on to hear. Great stuff! I love folk.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Sharon said...

You should hear his sisters, Patty and Polly sing, they sound like angels. They don't sing professionially, but sometimes when he's doing a local concert he'll coax one up on stage to join him for a song or two.