Friday, November 18, 2005

I object!



Errr...sorry, too much time lately spent watching grown men (and women) roll their eyes, throw tantrums, and generally act like spoiled two year olds ... the wonderful world of the judicial system. Yup, I'm on Federal jury duty. I can't say much about the trial til it's over, other than to say it spans the globe, and I've gotten to hold evidence in my hands that is worth more than the next decade or two or my salary put together. Average trial length is 2-7 days, but ours is estimated to go 4-5 weeks. Luckily our jury gets along great and we actually enjoy each other's company. And I have to say the court employees really do try to make things as smooth as possible for us. We all are taking the responsibility seriously, but having a sense of humor does help alot. A few of the improvements we'd like to see take place in the court system: jurors should get to object!; jurors should be able to hold up score cards after each round of questioning, grading the prosecutor's/lawyer's performance; participants should be fined for each repetitive question.... I'm sure we'll come up with more before the whole thing's done.

1 comment:

Whit said...

Wow - can't wait to hear all when it's over!