Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Chachi's all grown up



Who'd have thought Scott Baio would grow up to be kind of hunky. I was never impressed during his teeny bopper days, but he's aged pretty well. I just watched "Wedding for Bella" aka "The Bread my Sweet", and found it very touching. He plays a fierce, rather cold hearted corporate raider, paid lots of money to fire people as new companies are aquired. He has two brothers, one a fun loving ladies man, the other a gentle giant, a pie baking genius with the mental age of a five year old. At night they bake all sorts of wonderful breads and sweets for their bakery. They also keep an eye on their elderly landlords, the grouchy Massimo and his saintly wife Bella. Her biggest wish is that Dominic (Baio) marry her absent daughter, Bella. It becomes her dying wish when she is diagnosed with terminal cancer, and Dominic sets out to fulfill that wish so that she can die happy. It's been compared to "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", but I don't think that's an accurate or fair comparison. This is grittier and a bit less calculated.

1 comment:

Whit said...

I love Scott Baio. I watched Joanie love Chachi and I LOVED the show "Charles in Charge" - I'll have to check out the movie. :O)