Monday, December 21, 2009

A Christmas movie

I just watched a holiday movie that I really enjoyed, "Noelle". I love little indie films and this one is visually poetic; with endearingly real characters; and thoughtful questions. If you have Verizon, it's currently On Demand. It's the story of a Catholic priest, who perhaps shouldn't be one, and how we relate to the "people side" of life. After watching it, I read some reviews and was surprised at how many Catholics took it to be anti-Catholic. I actually thought it was respectful of the responsibility and dedication required of someone in the priesthood. I wonder how often we are over-sensitive, thinking that things reflect badly on us when they do the opposite? It was originally titled "Mrs. Worthington's Party", so don't let that part of the trailer confuse you. I also like the fact that the lead actor is also the screnwriter, that always makes things more interesting. (And, is it just me, or does he look like a young Robert Redford?) Anyway, check if out if you're looking for something to watch.

No comments: