Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Things I miss...





Just thinking today of some things that didn't last or that are on their way out that I wish would have stuck around longer. In no particular order...

Grover Levey: One of my all time favorite singers. I even named my cat after him! But unfortunately apparently no one else listened to his music, so he went back to teaching. You can still find his old cd's online though...

Profit: One of my secret TV vices, the nasty wheelings and dealings of that anti-hero, Jim Profit. FINALLY out on DVD it doesn't look at all dated until one of the characters pulls out an old cellphone the size of a toaster.

Baskin-Robbins Licorice ice cream: Do you remember this? Kind of a dark, purple-smoky gray color and DELICIOUS. Impossible to eat without making a mess. One flavor they've never brought back. Sigh.

The BOHO fashion look: I know, you can still get away with it, but it's on its way out. Too bad, I'll miss it, I love the mix of gypsy styles and the hippy look of my childhood. I may just continue to wear it anyway.

1 comment:

Whit said...

I recently started a design for a brown and robin's egg blue bag...

I haven't worked on it a lot. But maybe sometime soon.

I love that fashion and especially those combined colors.