Monday, December 26, 2005

The end of an era









The nunbun is no more. Yup, Nashville's famous nunbun pastry, a cinnamon roll that resembles Mother Teresa, was stolen on Christmas morning. The weird thing is (well, ok, maybe not weird, when you consider we are talking about baked goods resembling soon to be canonized legends!) is that I'd put visiting the nunbun on my list of things to do a few days ago when planning my trip this week to Nashville. Although it's been shellacked and on display at Bongo Java for almost 10 years and I've been to Bongo Java for coffee and concerts, I'd never bothered to go look at their most famous item. I'd just made a mental note to look at it when I dropped by for coffee. The police investigating the break-in classified the stolen property as "other". I'm guessing they should watch ebay. I guess I'll just have to settle for a nunbun t-shirt or coffee mug.

No comments: