Saturday, August 06, 2005

Woot contest

I love the weekly picture contest on www.woot.com. Every Friday they pick a theme and then you have the weekend to work on a suitable picture and enter it. This week's theme was based on one of this week's woot products, a tool box vacuum cleaner. The suposition is "What if the old saying, 'Nature abhors a vacuum' was literal"? You are supposed to come up with an illustration of what it might look like if Mother Nature REALLY did hate this vacuum cleaner. Ok, weak premise, but some fun entries. I entered twice, but neither was as strong as I'd like, the first is Mother Nature dreaming about things she'd like to do to the hated vacuum, and the other is some of "Nature's" giants going after the doomed vac.


Yes, I occasionally have too much time on my hands.

1 comment:

Whit said...

Wow! Good job!

I was disappointed last week, because I had my pic all but done and I finally LOVED my concept (it was for a new holiday in August and I did "Woot Dependence Day" with fireworks in the shape of some of the products they've sold) and our Comcast internet was down all weekend so I couldn't enter. I was VERY bummed. I was still worried about my service this weekend so I didn't even try - next week for sure!!

Keep entering - your stuff is fun!!!!!